- Go to Keplr's extenson download for Chrome and click [Add to Chrome].
Then, in following window pop-up, select [Add extension] and it will be automatically added to your Chrome browser.
Once the extension is added, you may need to select the puzzle icon on the top right of your Chrome browser and then select the Keplr pin to have the Keplr icon link be visible in your browser bar.
- Once Keplr is visible, right click on Keplr and select "Manage extension," and then next to "Site access," make sure "On all sites" is selected.
- Next, you'll need to create an account to access the wallet's features. Click on the link below to create a Keplr account.
Choose the option [Sign in with Google]
- Now enter an account name (which you can change later) and input a new password. Click [Next].
Next, you'll be prompted to sign into your Google account with your email or phone (and later password). Click [Next].
- And that's it. You now have a Keplr account linked with your Google login. Don't forget to record your password in a safe place so you can log back in. (The Keplr team does not store passwords).
NOTE: A seed phrase or mnemonic phrase is a string of 12 or 24 words combined to form your master account key. Only you will be given the key, and whoever holds the key will have permanent access to the wallet. Keep your seed phrase safe!
To create a seed phrase account, choose option [Create new account].
- The next page shows you your secret seed/mnemonic phrase. You can select a 12 or 24 words phrase. Save this phrase in a secure place but also do not lose it. (You'll need to input this phrase into the following page.)
Next, enter a name for your account and password (you can change these later). Click on [Next].
To confirm the creation of this new account, you'll need to click on the words in the right order in which they appear in your seed/mnemonic phrase.
Press [Register] and you're all set!
#installation guide #installation #Chrome extension #new user #Keplr browser